Friday, January 14, 2011


Courtesy of a 4am wake-up call from Charlie this morning, I was up with the sparrows. Actually, even the sparrows aren't silly enough to be awake at that time. I have obviously grown accustomed to my newly-acquired 7am starts, as I have felt neither bright-eyed nor bush-tailed all day.

Despite the blustery day, we spent as much time as possible outdoors today. Starting with watering the garden and tunnel house (greenhouse) and choosing vegetables for tonight's meal, one of my favourite parts of the day. And as you can see, we are spoiled for  choice.



Then we explored the garden from top to bottom, collected pine cones, and played hide and seek. Grace kept hiding near the sheep, which meant she was always easy to find. All Charlie and I had to do was look for a small flock of sheep standing at the fence line, staring expectantly in one particular direction. It's what one might call a dead giveaway.



After lunch and Charlie's sleep, the kids occupied themselves for hours in the playhouse and sandpit, prompting me to revise my wish list for our new place. Trampoline, chickens, dishwasher, sheep, paddock for sheep, swings, sewing room, playhouse, sandpit, lottery ticket.....


The wind gradually picked up as the day progressed, and now it is absolutely wild outside. The laugh-and-you'd-loose-your-dentures kind of windy. Grace rugged up to go and say goodnight to the sheep about half an hour ago. Now, as I look out the window, I can see her discarded jacket and beanie laying in the lawn, and a little further along, her nightie. And despite the wind, our daughter is out there dancing around the lawn. In her knickers. 

Hello pneumonia. 

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio