Thursday, September 1, 2011


I have spent most of this week feeling like I was one step behind. On Monday I got the time wrong for Grace's first school assembly performance and missed the entire thing. On Tuesday I forgot to send in her library book so she missed out on borrowing from the town library's book bus (a very big deal when you're five). On Wednesday I forgot to pay for her school's cupcake fundraiser, so Grace was the only one in her class who didn't get a cupcake. Plus Charlie and I got locked out of the house, and then he was sick pretty much all last night, so today I had to wash five changes of bedding, blankets and pajamas. And it started to snow. On the first day of Spring.

So it is not an exaggeration to say that I felt pretty miserable/sleep deprived/guilty today. But baking Grace her very own little cupcakes did cheer me up. Raspberry, her favourite. With crushed raspberry icing. Her second favourite.


They may not make up for everything I forgot this week, or for her sadness of being cupcake-less at school, but she loved them. And apparently I'm the 'Best Mummy Ever'. Which I'm not. But at least she thinks so.


PS. I went to make myself a cuppa tonight and discovered these. Grace obviously decided that our two little bantam eggs were lacking character.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio